Dr. Anand Khushwaha
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at Satyabhama Hospital provides world-class, family centered services to infants, children and adolescents requiring surgical approach for congenital malformation, childhood illness or injury.
Our senior consultant with 36 years of clinical experience in Pediatric surgery is a prominent name in the area
He dedicatedly works with his team to deliver highly focused and ethical services for the diagnosis & treatment of high risk as well as rarest complex medical conditions in ‘young adults’.
Surgical problems seen by Pediatric Surgeons are often quite different from those encountered by adult or general surgeons.
That is why we have a team of extremely talented and skilled Pediatric Surgeons along with seamless integration with other surgeons specialized in Pediatric cases.
Our dedication and involvement in the neonatal surgical services has delivered significant results in the infants suffering from congenital malformation syndromes.
We have undergone intense training in managing specialized needs of newborn and older children.
We have expertise to manage almost all types of routine and congenital problems in even premature babies.
The Department also deals with the urological problems of children under the guidance of Pediatric experts and have skills to perform cystoscopy procedures in a newborn.
We offer fully equipped Pediatric surgical division that has ultra-modern facilities supported by four bedded Pediatric ICU with facilities for ventilation managed primarily by Pediatric care intensivist and highly experienced Pediatricians.
We have strived hard to bring excellence in our work to bring operative mortality to near zero over the last few years.
First newborn surgery of a birth defect of Tracheoesophageal fistula repair was done successfully at SBH in 2017.
This was one-of-its-kind surgical outcome that was first in this area of Delhi.
- Day care surgery
- Pediatric Radiology
- ICU monitoring and management
- Sophisticated anesthesia geared to immature systems and physiology
- Minor procedures under conscious sedation
Services and Treatments offered
- Pediatric Laparoscopy Today, minimally invasive surgery has also evolved in pediatric age group. Many commonly performed pediatric surgical procedure can now be done laparoscopically like surgery for pediatric hernia, undescended testis, recurrent abdominal pain, appendicitis, thoracic lesions and pediatric urology.
- Urological Anomalies: Phimosis, undescended testis, PUJ obstruction, PU Valves, vesicoureteral reflux, ectopic and dysplastic kidney, hypospadias, epispadias.
- Neonatal Anomalies: Tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF), diaphragmatic hernia (CDH), intestinal atresia, Necrotizing enterocolitis, imperforate anus, abdominal wall defects like exomphalos, gastroschisis, malrotation, abdominal cysts and thoracic anomalies.
- GI Problems: Intestinal obstruction, appendicitis, Hirschsprung’s disease, pyloric stenosis, splenectomy for spleen pathology, gastroesophageal reflux, abdominal cysts, constipation.
- We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
- Hepatobiliary Disorders: Cyst, gall stones, etc.
- Thoracic: Congenital diaphragmatic hernia, enlarged lymph nodes, lobar emphysema, empyema, pneumothorax, chylothorax, tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF), congenital and acquired strictures of the esophagus, esophageal foreign bodies, esophageal rupture and perforation.
- Hernia & Hydrocele
- Urinary and faecal incontinence
- Ambiguous genitalia amenable to surgery
- Soft tissue cervical, truncal and limb vascular tumors like hemangioma & lymphangioma
- Meningomyelocele, hydrocephalus
- Pediatric Trauma and Burn
- Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA)