Specialty – Pulmonologist
Education & Training:
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi in 2000
- MD in Pulmonary Medicine from Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, Delhi in 2006
- Phillips –IISS certificate course in Sleep Medicine
- Short term training in sleep laboratory at AIIMS, Department of Neurology
- Indian Board of Sleep Medicine
- Fellow, Indian Sleep Disorders
- ALTUS (AIIMS life support and trauma ultrasound course)
- Registered member of Delhi Medical Council of India
- Life Member of National College of Chest Physicians (India)
- Life member of Indian Chest Society
- Life Member of Indian Society for Sleep Research
- Life Member of Indian Sleep Disorders Association 8 Member
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (USA): 2011-2012 Affiliate Member, American College of Chest Physicians (USA): 2003 – 2004 Affiliate Member, European Respiratory Society, Europe
Dr Vikas Mittal has about 17 years of experience in the field of Pulmonary Medicine. He practices in Delhi.
His strengths include being meticulous, diligent and academic. He is very dynamic but at the same time humble, so easily approachable.
He has good clinical expertise in dealing with all kinds of pulmonary diseases and is well versed with all major diagnostic and therapeutic pulmonary procedures, bronchoscopy/interventional pulmonary procedures.
He is also involved in research work related to pulmonary diseases.
- Sleep Medicine
- Chronic Lung Disease-COPD/Difficult Asthma
- ILD and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Complicated Pulmonary Infections: Viral/Fungal/Bacterial/Tuberculosis and Post TB/Post COVID sequalae
- Interventional Pulmonology- Rigid and Flexible Bronchoscopy, EBUS-Linear and Radial, Indwelling Pleural Catheter, Medical Thoracoscopy, Respiratory Critical Care
Research & Publication:
- Mittal V, Khanna P, Panjabi C, Shah A. Subjective symptom perceptual accuracy in asthmatic children and their parents in India. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2006; 97: 484-489.
- Mittal V, Kulshreshtha R, Arya A, Bajaj P. Acute fibrinous and organising pneumonia presenting as complete lung consolidation. Singapore Med J. 2011; 52: e88-90.
- Mittal V, Shah A. Situs inversus totalis: the association of Kartagener’s syndrome with diffuse bronchiolitis and azoospermia. Arch Bronconeumol. 2012; 48 :179-82
- Mittal V, Lloyd SM, Collop N. Polysomnography and Implantable Cardiac Devices: Identifying Normal and Abnormal Paced Beats. J Clin Sleep Med. 2012; 8: 340-42