Dr. Rajeev Bansal
The Division of Bariatric and Advance Laparoscopy Surgery is a part of the SBH for Digestive & Liver Diseases. The treatment ethos of the Division is to provide compassionate holistic care at an affordable cost. It provides cutting edge advanced laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of Obesity (Bariatric Surgery)
Services and Treatments offered
The laparoscopic operations commonly performed are:
- Laparoscopic gastrectomy (for cancer of stomach, Leiomyoma, gastric outlet obstruction)
- Laparoscopic lysis of adhesions
- Laparoscopic small bowel resection
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic excision of Meckel’s diverticulum
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernias- extra/ intra peritoneal repair
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia
- Laparoscopic femoral hernia
- Laparoscopic Pseudo pancreatic cyst drainage
- Laparoscopic Pancreatectomy
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for kidney tumors
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for pyonephrosis
Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric banding
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric banding
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic CBD exploration
- Laparoscopic treatment of liver hydatid cyst, small cyst
Large Intestine (Colon and Rectum)
- Laparoscopic total colectomy
- Laparoscopic low anterior resection
- Laparoscopic abdominoperineal resection
- Laparoscopic right hemicolectomy
- Laparoscopic left hemicolectomy
- Laparoscopic subtotal proctocolectomy
- Laparoscopic Ileo anal pouch
Bariatric surgery is an effective tool to provide you with long term weight-loss benefit and help you enhance your quality of health
Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic Surgery)
Laparoscopy today has become gold standard for treatment of most of abdominal problems. The advantages of laparoscopy are, fast recovery, less postoperative pain, minimal blood loss, less hospital stay, better cosmetic results & early return to work.
Basic Laparoscopic Procedures Performed:
- Lap. Cholecystectomy (for gall stones)
- Lap. Appendectomy (for acute appendicitis)
- Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair (all types of ventral hernias including recurrent hernias are being performed by laparoscopy)
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopy for Acute abdomen in emergencies
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy / lymph node biopsy
- MIPH (minimally invasive procedure for piles i.e., stapled hemorrhoidectomy)
- STARR (Stapled Trans-anal Rectal Resection) for ODS and rectal prolapse
Advanced Laparoscopic Procedures Performed:
- Laparoscopic Heller’s Cardio myotomy for Achalasia Cardia.
- Laparoscopic Hiatal hernia repair & laparoscopy for Gastroesophageal Reflux disease.
- Laparoscopic Vagotomy and Gastrojejunostomy for gastric outlet obstruction
- Laparoscopic CBD exploration for Common Bile duct stones.
- Laparoscopy for Choledochal cyst excision.
- Laparoscopy for Pseudo pancreatic cyst.
- Laparoscopy for benign conditions of small & large intestines.
- Laparoscopy for Rectal prolapse.
- Laparoscopic solid organ surgery:
- Lap. Splenectomy
- Lap. Adrenalectomy
- Lap Nephrectomy
Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) & Metabolic Surgery:
Bariatric surgery, also known as “METABOLIC SURGERY,” provides the longest period of sustained weight loss in patients for whom all other therapies have failed. It should be viewed first and foremost as a method for alleviating a debilitating disease and providing health benefits in treating co morbidities like Diabetes, Dyslipidemia, Hypertension, Obstructive sleep apnea, Gastroesophageal reflux , Lower back and joint pain etc. .
The commonly performed bariatric procedures include:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Roux-en Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic One anastomosis Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Banded sleeve
- Laparoscopic Banded Bypass
- Revision Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries