Paediatric & Neonatology
“Living Miracles Happen Here Because Care Is The Foundation Of Our Success”
WHAT IS PEDIATRICS?
Paediatrics is that branch of medicine, which deals with the medical care of children, from infants to the adolescents.
A dedicated paediatric team to extend care to your child from birth to adolescence.
- Immunization services
- General paediatrics
- High risk new born clinic
- Adolescent medicine
- Emergency service
- Allergy clinic
- Asthma clinic
- Clinical psychology
- Paediatric intensive care
- Vaccination, consultation and admission for childhood diseases.
- Developement assessment & growth.
- Childhood Medical Diseases like Pneumonia , Diarrhoea etc
- Monitoring for growth and development.
- Intensive care treatment for life threatening problems.
- Paediatric surgeries.
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Special Educator
- Speech Therapy
- Well Baby Clinic
New Born Intensive Care (NICU)
6 bedded New born ICU including 2 isolation cots.
Well equipped with trained staff, dedicated neonatal monitoring devices and newborn transport ambulance with transport incubator.
Highest level of care for the smallest, most critically ill infants e.g.
- Prematurity including VLBW and ELBW babies.
- Respiratory distress requiring ventilation and surfactant therapy.
- Perinatal Asphyxia.
- Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia (Jaundice) requiring phototherapy and exchange transfusion.
- Neonatal seizure.
- Metabolic disorders.
Capable to handle complex neonatal surgeries (excluding cardiac surgeries) including:
- Trachea-esophageal fistula repair.
- Ano rectal malformations.
- Bowel Artesia.
- MMC repair.
- Shunt placement.
- Congenital kidney problem related surgeries.
Our state of the art equipments include:
- CPAP- Fischer & Paykel
- Neopuff for new born babies
- Ventilator- including HFO (babylog8000)
- LED Phototherapy
- Hi tech warmers
Distinguished Features of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit:
- NICU consists of 6 intensive care & special care nursery beds with mechanical ventilators and all other sophisticated monitoring gadgets needed for the sick babies.
- 24 hours backup of Laboratory facilities, radio imaging and portable echocardiography
- The department has round the clock Neonatologist.
- NICU works in coordination with Paediatric i.e. Cardiology, Surgery, Opthalmology, Neurology, Nephrology and Respiratory Medicine .
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures required for critically ill babies are performed here (surfactant therapy, mechanical ventilation, central vascular lines placement, exchange transfusion, total parenteral nutrition HFV, etc.)
- Specialized follow up of extremely premature babies after discharge is provided to help children with developmental problems and other abnormalities.
We at SBH realize that every child is special and WE CARE. The Institute is committed to provide the best care in a child friendly setting at an affordable cost.