Emergency and Acute Care Medicine is a branch of medicine concerned with prompt diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of life-threatening medical situations. This service in SBH, is provided by Emergency Physicians & Nurses who have been specially trained to handle emergency medical conditions in the shortest possible time.
It is an integral component of the healthcare system and is the first point of contact for all medical emergencies and post hospital hour’s needs. The department also looks after the transport of Critical patients by providing ambulatory services.
- Bed Strength: The Casualty consists of 6 beds, divided into triage and observation areas designed for rapid assessment and management of the critical patients.
- Operating Room: It has an MINOR operation theatre with anaesthesia facilities for emergency surgery.
- Location: The Emergency department is located on Ground floor & near to the reception which maintains a harmonious flow and saves time.
- Dedicated corridor is there for fast transport of sick patients in the Emergency Department of the hospital.
- Pre-Hospital Care: Is provided by two fully loaded ACLS and BLS ambulance.
- Staffing: Emergency department is staffed by emergency-trained physician and nurses, backed by On call specialists who work round the clock. A team of anaesthesiologist, physicians and nurses provides excellent services.
- Emergency Lab Services: ABG with electrolytes & glucose, Cardiac markers like TROP T, CK-MB, Urine ketones, Chest X-RAY & alcohol breath analysis
- Disaster Plan: A lay out plan for such emergencies and a ready stock to handle various disaster victims is available in ER Department.
- Cardiac Arrest Response Team: The ED is part of cardiac arrest medical emergency team in the hospital.
- Emergency Equipments like Laryngoscope, Bougie, Bi-PAP, I-GEL, etc for Resuscitation of critical patientswith a well trained Resuscitation team and all Emergency Medicine
- Ambulance Services (ACLS & BLS)
- Trauma Care including Brain & Spine trauma
- Medico-legal Evaluation
- Poisioning/Snake Bite & Animal Bite Management
- Thrombolytic therapy & Management of Acute myocardial infarction
- Management of Head & Spine Injuries
- Defibrillation & Cardio Version
- Intubation & Ventilation (Invasive & non-invasive)
- Training for ACLS & BLS
- Training in Disaster managemnt